You’ve already started taking the first steps in the sphere and have a basic understanding of the work principles of this soft.
in Autodesk Maya
What is this course about?
- Maya basic modeling tools.
- Learning the polygonal modeling process on the examples of simple objects.
- creating a basic object form;
- objects grouping;
- adding details to a grid for smoothing;
- creating the final geometry.
- creating the base concept, development of the idea;
- pre-modeling preparation;
- preparation of references;
- working out the masses and proportions.
- work with deformers;
- Boolean operations. Pros and cons;
- work with KitBash;
- creating a simple animation for checking the model functionality.
- What mesh is and how to use it for modeling covered on the example of the robot's spine and eyes.
- Finishing up the scene.
- Subdivision of geometry into logical groups;
- Creating UVs;
- UV packing using UDIM.
- Key aspects of texturing for PBR shading;
- Textures baking;
- Texturing methods of complex objects.
- camera and animation;
- creating an expressive pose;
- final shaders setup;
- color and light as a composition method;
- introduction to Arnold renderer.
What students say about our courses and school
About the author
Hi. My name is Ihor!
Facebook group for all students of the course
- An intensive course to give you a head start in becoming a professional;
- Get the feel of what it is like to be a part of the project in the real studio;
- Go through all stages of the workflow of a 3D artist.
Modeling Essentials in Autodesk Maya
A structured online course on basic Maya modeling tools and Substance Painter texturing workflow from CG industry veterans. Start your 3D artist's career NOW!
If unhappy with the course, you can request a refund within 14 days after the purchase and get every cent back. Courses purchased before the actual starting date refund can be requested up to 14 days after the first lesson becomes available. Note: not applicable if purchased with a discount coupon
Frequently asked questions
We consider a country with a not-so-good exchange rate a country, where the currency rate is more than $1 to 10 units of local currency. For example, 10.5 Botswana Pula equals $1. If your country's currency rate is lower than 1:10, we do not consider your country as a country with a not so good exchange rate.
We consider you a student if you have a valid student email address (@***.edu) and/or a valid student ID. Please either write to us from your student email or attach a picture of your student IDso that we can verify your student status.
Please double check if there are any presale, sales or discount activities happening as we do not provide coupons during these periods.
Note that it only applies to purchases without a discount. So if you would like to use a discount coupon or complete a purchase of several products with a discount, you will be not eligible for the refund.