You’ve already started taking the first steps in the sphere and have a basic understanding of the work principles of this soft.
in Autodesk Maya
What is this course about?
- Maya basic modeling tools.
- Learning the polygonal modeling process on the examples of simple objects.
- creating a basic object form;
- objects grouping;
- adding details to a grid for smoothing;
- creating the final geometry.
- creating the base concept, development of the idea;
- pre-modeling preparation;
- preparation of references;
- working out the masses and proportions.
- work with deformers;
- Boolean operations. Pros and cons;
- work with KitBash;
- creating a simple animation for checking the model functionality.
- What mesh is and how to use it for modeling covered on the example of the robot's spine and eyes.
- Finishing up the scene.
- Subdivision of geometry into logical groups;
- Creating UVs;
- UV packing using UDIM.
- Key aspects of texturing for PBR shading;
- Textures baking;
- Texturing methods of complex objects.
- camera and animation;
- creating an expressive pose;
- final shaders setup;
- color and light as a composition method;
- introduction to Arnold renderer.
What do our students say?
You will study from animators and Motion Designers from around the globe. Each of them is a professional in their own field, seasoned in production studios, freelance projects with big brands and stock footages. And right, we are also sweet.
Yes, I found the courses extremely helpful and well put together. I was researching online tutorials for my colleagues who are just beginning to learn AE and was testing out a MDS course to see if I could recommend it. I ended up learning a lot myself :)
The Science of Character course was extremely helpful. It was easy to follow and the lessons were top notch. Your team produces high quality learning experiences that I haven’t found in other places when it comes to motion graphics. Keep up the great work!
I’ve watched some of the shorter classes and have loved them! The teaching style is fantastic and engaging ???? I’ve also enjoyed seeing everyone’s work in the FB groups. Everyone seems to be excited to give helpful feedback and encouragement! I recommend your classes to my coworkers and friends all the time (am a full time sr. designer).
Great classes and I'm happy that invested in them. I definitely learned a lot of new ways of working that made me faster and better at my job.
I work for Accenture and animated videos are on a daily basis. Our clients loved the few effects that I was able to learn at the course. Also, I still go back to the lessons and find something new to learn.
The lessons are great. You get what you're looking for and a little more.
About the author
Hi. My name is Ihor!
- An intensive course to give you a head start in becoming a professional;
- Get the feel of what it is like to be a part of the project in the real studio;
- Go through all stages of the workflow of a 3D artist.
Modeling Essentials in Autodesk Maya
A structured online course on basic Maya modeling tools and Substance Painter texturing workflow from CG industry veterans. Start your 3D artist's career NOW!
If unhappy with the course, you can request a refund within 14 days after the purchase and get every cent back. Courses purchased before the actual starting date refund can be requested up to 14 days after the first lesson becomes available. Note: not applicable if purchased with a discount coupon
Frequently asked questions
We consider a country with a not-so-good exchange rate a country, where the currency rate is more than $1 to 10 units of local currency. For example, 10.5 Botswana Pula equals $1. If your country's currency rate is lower than 1:10, we do not consider your country as a country with a not so good exchange rate.
We consider you a student if you have a valid student email address (@***.edu) and/or a valid student ID. Please either write to us from your student email or attach a picture of your student IDso that we can verify your student status.
Please double check if there are any presale, sales or discount activities happening as we do not provide coupons during these periods.
Note that it only applies to purchases without a discount. So if you would like to use a discount coupon or complete a purchase of several products with a discount, you will be not eligible for the refund.