Go From Newbie to Professional Motion Designer In Record Time
If you’re a new motion designer, you’re probably feeling pretty overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there. It’s hard to know where to start—and even harder to know what’s worth your time.
Motion Design School is your go-to educational resource for motion design. We’re dialed in on the trends and here to help you build a thriving career.
That’s why we created this blog. We’ve compiled a list of the best resources for learning about motion design, ranging from the guides on educational and professional paths to free tutorials and paid courses. You’ll find everything from learning how to use Adobe After Effects to creating your own animations from scratch.
We’re going to start by sharing some tips on how to start out and choose your direction, which software is best to master in the beginning, our favorite tips and tricks, as well as other design tools that you’ll need to become a full-fledged motion designer. Each post will be packed with expert information so you can get started on the right foot, and we’ll include explainers for those who are just starting out.
We hope these posts will help you cut through the noise and get going on your career as a motion designer. The learning curve can take a while, but we want to fix that. Learn from our mistakes and get ahead of the game!
- Pixel Art Stylization in After Effects
- Illustration Breakdown in Adobe Illustrator
- Photoshop Animation Breakdown
- Frame by Frame Animation Breakdown
- Running Chair Animation Breakdown in After Effects
- Time Expression
- LoopIn and LoopOut
- Wiggle Expression in After Effects
- Gif Size Reduction – Tips & Tricks From James Curran
- Looping Particles in After Effects by James Curran
- Smears with Echo Effect in After Effects
- Fading Waves with Ripple Effect in After Effects